To attain the objectives of the Abhiyaan, the Ministry aims to create a safe space for the youth to come up with community initiatives and build their knowledge through constructive activities. Therefore, an internship program has been designed for individuals aged between 14-30 years to engage them in activities that are important for personal and professional development. The selected interns worked to increase the footfall on social media as per the weekly targets set by the supervisor as well as wrote articles, poems and research papers on drug demand reduction. Simultaneously, the interns also conducted online surveys to assess the impact of the abhiyaan on youth and community.
The program has the following objectives:
- To involve the youth in substance use prevention, treatment & rehabilitation activities.
- To understand the deep-rooted social issues with respect to marginalised communities
- To engage in community development programmes, assisting and working hand-in-hand with the NGOs/CBOs/NMBA through online platform
- To inculcate a habit of critical thinking and building knowledge among youth about drug abuse, its multifaceted nature and societal consequences at the community level.
- To provide evidence based information to the youth which could further be turned into creative posts, articles and other creatives useful for the knowledge pool.